The actual problem of Nigeria as a country
- We have infinite patience for the wrong things -bad governance, poor customer service, etc
- We pride ourselves in having infinite patience for the wrong things. “Nigeria is different” “Things work differently here” bla bla….
- Sudden breakthrough mentality. Praying is ranked higher than hardwork
- Value the wrong things
- expensive cars on bad roads or aspiring to own one some day
- Take pride in living unaffordable lifestyles yet we are more likely to die in a medical emergency due to poor health care and emergency facilities
- Big churches, rich pastors, everybody is seeking salvation yet we are all mostly corrupt, unfaithful and wicked to our neighbors
All these result in a low average IQ. Online and offline, our conversations are barely ever intellectual. Ask a question and our responses are usually basic and mostly obvious and that is when we are not using the bible and religion to hide our lack of intelligence.
I am not a saint, just humble enough to accept that I am a net contributor to Nigeria’s problems.